A Plugin for Genesis Framework WordPress themes
Create a video/media library within your Genesis powered WordPress website.
Media Manager for Genesis enables you to create a ‘videos’ archive page within your site. Each video post supports a video URL (from external video hosting services such as YouTube and Vimeo), featured image, categories, PDF attachments and external links.
All without any coding or additional plugins.
- Works with all video services that are supported by WordPress and oEmbed
- Creates a new custom post type that separates video from the rest of your content
- Supports featured images for each video
- Can also be used for other media types (think soundcloud music or Instagram images) – any embed type that WordPress supports
- Creates a new video library (an archive page) in your Genesis site
- Supports attaching PDFs to videos and linking out to services like SlideShare to link users up with presentation slides or handouts
- It’s the quickest way to get a video library in your site – no coding!
Instant video library
Once installed your site will have a new video library (a WordPress custom post type and an archive page), located at Yoursite.com/video/, yes you can customise the URL if you like.
A new Video menu in your WordPress dashboard allows you to begin adding videos to your site.
Support for WordPress widgets
The plugin will install a new widget into your site. This allows you to display video content in any WordPress widget area. Perhaps you’ll want to display a video in a sidebar of your site, maybe right up on the home page. You can use the widget area over and again so you could choose to do both.
Great for training videos inside WordPress
If you’d like to publish PDF or other files with your videos, we’ve got you covered there too. Each video published can have a file associate with it that is then made available for the viewed underneath the video. Great for displaying worksheets or other training documentation alongside a video.We also support an external link for each video. So if you have a slide deck up on a service like slide share you can direct a user to that with ease.
Watch the demo
More than just video?
The plugin uses WordPress’ oEmbed feature. Anything you can embed this way can be used to ceate a library of media. Perhaps you’re a musician and you’d like to embed your songs from SoundCloud? Simple change the labels in the plugin to something more relevant and you can showcase your music with “Listen Now” buttons instead!SoundCloud music, Instagram images, Slideshare content, PollDaddy surveys and more! If it can be embed with oEmbed then it’s possible. Learn more about WordPress oEmbed here.
Browse some screenshots of the plugin in action.
Are you a Genesis Developer?
If you’re building lots of WordPress sites on the Genesis (Theme) Framework this plugin will save you time. Each time a client needs to include a library of videos in their site, install our plugin, job done. The team here at HelpForWP.com are experienced Genesis Developers, this plugin was born from doing the same work over and over. No more!
To learn a little more about the plugin check out the documentation.
Buy this plugin
We accept payment via Visa, Mastercard or PayPal. Click purchase below to buy this plugin, you’ll be guided through creating an account and then we’ll process your transaction in our secure payment system.
- Choose the number of WordPress installations you need a licence for
- 12 months of updates and improvements from date of purchase
- 12 months of plugin support
- Prices are US Dollars
Please note: Australian customers 10% GST will be added at the checkout.