We have this question a lot when supporting clients who use our Gravity Forms add-on for Zoho CRM. A common use case for the plugin is to map an enquiry form on your Website to a Lead in Zoho CRM. By default, the Zoho account that is used to setup our plugin will default to the owner of the leads when they are inserted into Zoho CRM.
We have another tutorial that shows you how to vary the lead owner here. Using that method will allow all enquiries from a specific form to be assigned to another Zoho CRM user.
Another situation is where you would like a variety of lead owners to be assigned from the one form. For example, in your form you might have a question where the user chooses their location. Then based on that location you might like to assign the lead to a specific Zoho CRM user. If this sounds like you, read on for more information.
Below is a setup that would work for the above mentioned situation.
1) Login to your Zoho CRM account and review the Zoho users that you have.
2) In your Gravity Form, add a new “Single Line Text” field and name it “Lead Owner”.
3) Set the visibility of the field to “Admin Only”.
4) Set the field’s default value to your ZOHO users’ email.
5) Enable the filed’s logical control and set the field to only show when it matches a specific location (this assumes you have a drop down menu of locations).
6) Duplicate the field that you’ve added above in number 2 above.
7) Change the default value in the new field, make it the email of the next one of your users.
8) Change the new filed’s logical control to match your requirements (i.e. which location is that user responsible for?)
Why not just use the assignment and rules in Zoho CRM?
The above method should work nicely when inserting leads in Zoho CRM. If you’re an advanced user of Zoho CRM you might think “why not just use the rules that Zoho CRM provides”.
The problem here is that the rules and assignment of leads in Zoho CRM is currently only available for leads that are inserted via their own webforms, manually entered or entered via their import tool.